When I was a child and would get into mischief, my parents would offer some dreaded words of admonition that I swore to myself I would NEVER in a million years say to MY kids ...
Well, THAT didn't happen !! LOL
One of the "nails-on-a-chalkboard" phrases: "Because I said so !!" "Mommy, why can't I watch 30 more minutes of TV on a school night?" "Because I said so !!" Or, "Mommy, why can't I take your permanent pink Sharpie marker & draw on the white wall in my bedroom anymore?" "Because I said so !!"
Here are some more famous lines:
* You don't know how good you have it ... we didn't have video games and the internet, we had books and the backyard! We actually had to LEAVE the house to see our friends! And we TALKED to them on phones that were attatched to the phone by a wire... IN THE KITCHEN!!!!!
* Do you think money grows on trees?
* If you do that again, I'm gonna knock you into next week!
* I'll give you something to cry about!
* Don't sit so close to the TV or you'll ruin your eyes.
* If you keep doing that to your face, it's gonna stick like that!
* Don't come crying to me if you break a leg!
* You're skating on very thin ice!
* This will hurt me more than it will hurt you!
* Shape up or ship out! (Really? Where did they think we were gonna go?)
* Not while you're living under my roof ...
* You are in BIG trouble, Mister (But Mom, I'm a GIRL!)!
* Because I'm the Mommy, that's why!
* No sweets before dinner or you'll ruin your appetite!
* Don't ask why! Just do it!
* Don't make me count to 3!
* That's it! I've had it!
* One more peep out of either of you and I'll pull this car over!
* Stop that or you're going to bed RIGHT NOW (at 12 in the afternoon)!
* I'm going to call Santa if you don't stop acting up and tell him to skip our house!
I guess it's true ... We DO become our parents when we grow up AND if our kids are holy terrors, it's payback for what we did to OUR parents !!! LOL